The Ottawa Office is MCC’s voice to the Canadian government, advocating for policies that support our work of relief, development and peacebuilding.
We also inform Canadians about political issues and how they can get involved.
Some of our work includes:
- Writing letters to government on issues such as foreign aid, mining, human rights and peacebuilding;
- Presenting oral and written testimony to parliamentary committees;
- Hosting an annual seminar for university students on topics such as Indigenous rights, social justice or faith and public policy;
- Producing resources such as the annual Peace Sunday Packet, our Remembrance Day Resource for Teachers, and the new World Refugee Day worship resource
Download our brand new Advocacy Toolkit!
- Ottawa Office blog: "Blessed are the peacemakers: celebrating life and light" Rebekah Sears reflects on a recent trip to Nigeria, South Sudan and DRC. April 28, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "Unlearning the Doctrine of Discovery" Rick Cober Bauman reflects on a training event on the Doctrine of Discovery. April 20, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "Statelessness: here and now" Esther Isaac shares about stateless persons in Canada. April 13, 2016
- Ottawa Office newsletter: "MCC Canada's response to the TRC" (April 2016)
- Ottawa Office blog: "From numbers to neighbours" Rachel Clements considers how friendship can be a significant support to refugees adjusting to Canadian life. April 5, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "A new era of accountability in Canadian mining, or business as usual?" explores if the Liberal government will inaugurate a new era of accountability for Canadian mining companies operating internationally. March 30, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "Let the children come..." a reflection on the impact of military occupation on Palestinian and Israeli children. March 23, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "A Forgotten Epidemic" focuses on the cholera epidemic in Haiti and the UN's refusal to accept responsibility for its role in causing the outbreak March 16, 2016