On Saturday, July 2nd participate or support a cyclist in the 35km Cycle Clear Lake fundraising event that tackles the trail encircling Clear Lake in Riding Mountain National Park. Proceeds from this event help provide food security for vulnerable people Lebanon.
The major part of the trail is a single track through the boreal forest along the lakeshore, but portions of the trail will be pavement or gravel. Riders will cross between Clear Lake and South Lake. Along the north shore is an easier route for most cyclists, as well as a technical route (with a number of climbs) for experienced cyclists. The trail has many fantastic vistas across the lake, as the route goes up and down the ravines.
The trail requires a reasonable amount of fitness and cycling experience. Average cyclists can expect to take 3-4 hours to do the circuit.
The ride begins Saturday at 8:30am at Frith Beach, not at Camp Kippechewin but along the same road on the lake’s south side. There is no camping at Frith. Any campers must make their own arrangements at the main Clear Lake campground. Refreshments will be served along the cyclathon route, and the event will end with a barbecue and prizes, starting at 12:30pm.
How to Participate
- Register here, and then pay the $30 fee online. A sponsor and information sheet will be forwarded as soon as we receive your registration and fee.
- If you would like to complete your registration by mail please print the form and send it with your $30 registration fee by cheque made payable to Cycle Clear Lake and mail to Reinhold Kramer, 43 Noonan Drive, Brandon, MB R7B 0V6.
- Raise pledges in support of the selected project. All riders must raise a minimum of $200 in support. Collect the pledges in advance and submit them on or before the event. Make cheques payable to MCC Manitoba. Pledges can also be made online.
- Meet at Frith Beach on the lake's south side between 7:30-8:30am, Saturday, July 2, where there will be time for you to register on-site, deposit your pledges, and obtain an ID.
- Enjoy the ride, rest stops, snacks, and the final barbeque at 12:30pm at Frith Beach.
- Use an MCC registry for your fundraising.
Registration Deadline: June 15, 2016
Barbecue: Attendance of additional friends at the BBQ is $7/person.
What to Bring
- Mountain bike or bike with hybrid tires
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Water bottle
- Lawn chair
- Insect repellent
- Sponsor sheets and sponsors' money/cheques