MCC raises funds across Canada from a wide variety of sources including:
- Donations from generous individuals and churches
- MCC thrift shops
- Special events like relief sales
- Donations of resources such as blankets and items for school, relief and health kits
- Donations of grain and cash to MCC’s account at the Canadian Foodgrains Bank (CFGB)
- Grants from the Canadian government and other sources
MCC Canada is committed to a high level of transparency and accountability. We are a member of the Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC) and the Better Business Bureau, which have standards for fundraising as well as managing and reporting finances.
At MCC we use less than 20 per cent of our total expenses for administration and fundraising. We work hard to maintain a balance between using your donations responsibly and making sure our programs are as effective as possible.
When it comes to major disasters, like the 2013 typhoon in the Philippines, we spend no more than 2-10 per cent of your donation to that disaster on administration and fundraising for our response. The exact amount depends on the total raised and the size of our program.
If you have questions or want more information give us a call toll-free at 1-888-622-6337.