This fall, give the gift of a relief bucket.
While we're not packing buckets together in person this year, you can drop off the supplies that go into a relief kit to your local MCC office on October 15-17, 2020
Join a local event
Your local MCC office will be hosting their own Buckets of Thanks event. Find your local event here for more information.
- Where in the world do they go?
This year, relief kits will be going to Jordan, Lebanon, Malawi, DPRK/North Korea, Syria, Ukraine, and Zambia.
- What in the world goes in a bucket?
A relief bucket should include:
4 large bars bath soap (leave in wrapper)
Shampoo (1 or 2 bottles, totalling more than 600 ml; place in a resealable plastic bag)
4 large bars laundry soap (such as Sunlight®, Fels Naptha®, or Zote® brands)
4 adult-sized toothbrushes (in manufacturer’s packaging)
4 new bath towels (medium weight, dark or bright colours; approx. 75 cm x 150 cm)
2 wide-toothed combs (15–20 cm)
1 nail clipper (good quality)
1 box adhesive bandages (minimum 40, assorted)
Items we cannot accept:
Hotel/mini bar soap
Full nail care kits or nail files
Personal notes or family photos
Child size/small toothbrushes
Men’s pocket combs
Travel size toothpaste
Powdered laundry detergent
- Where do I drop off completed buckets?
- You can drop off the supplies that go into a relief kit to your local MCC office on October 15-17, 2020. Or attend a local Buckets of Thanks event.
- Where can I read stories of people who receive these kits?
We've got plenty of stories to show how people like you met the needs of the most vulnerable by providing relief kits. Read the relief stories collection.
Sponsor a bucket
Got a busy schedule? If you can’t make a relief kit yourself, consider donating to cover the cost of supplies needed for a bucket.
- How to pack a relief kit - Assembly instructions
- Kits are for caring - a resource and guide for making relief kits with children.