9,208 dignity kits were shipped last year to Guatemala, Haiti, Malawi, South Sudan and Zambia.
Contents (NEW items only)
- 1 hand towel (medium weight, dark or bright colours; approx. 40 cm x 65 cm)
- 1 washcloth (medium weight, dark or bright colours)
- 2 large bars of bath soap (leave in wrapper)
- 1 large bar laundry soap (such as Sunlight®, Fels Naptha®, or Zote® brands)
- 1 wide-toothed comb (15-20 cm)
- 1 nail clipper (good quality)
- 10 plastic or wooden clothespins (10 cm)
- 4 heavy-duty safety pins (measuring 2.5 cm and 5 cm; 2 of each size)
Instructions: Place contents in a box or bag and deliver to your nearest MCC drop-off location. The kit will be re-packed at MCC in a new 2-gallon pail with a lid.
- 1 Reusable Pad System packed into 1 MCC kit bag, includes:
- 3 waterproof base units, which hold the pad inserts in place
- 8 absorbent fleece pad inserts (4 large/4 small)
- 1 small transport bag
- 3 pair of briefs (cotton; women sizes small, medium or large – one size per kit; no red)
- Instructional care and use sheets
Sewists are urgently needed to help make the base units, pad inserts and transport bags. Please contact your nearest MCC office if you would like to help make these items.
Access the sewing instructions and videos below.
MCC can provide the reusable pad system for those who do not want to sew.
The Reusable Pad System is packed in a useful double drawstring cloth bag (11 3/4 x 16 3/4 in). You may:
- sew the bag yourself
- donate contents that we will place in a bag.
Learn how to sew a base unit, a transport bag and fleece pad inserts:
How to sew a base unit
How to sew a transport bag
How to sew fleece pad inserts