The Ottawa Office is MCC’s voice to the Canadian government, advocating for policies that support our work of relief, development and peacebuilding.
We also inform Canadians about political issues and how they can get involved.
Some of our work includes:
- Writing letters to government on issues such as foreign aid, mining, human rights and peacebuilding;
- Presenting oral and written testimony to parliamentary committees;
- Hosting an annual seminar for Canadian university students on topics such as Indigenous rights, social justice or faith and public policy;
- Producing resources such as the annual Peace Sunday Packet, our Remembrance Day Resource for Teachers, and a World Refugee Day worship resource
Apply for the position of Advocacy Research Intern for winter 2017
Download our brand new Advocacy Toolkit!
- Ottawa Office blog: "Muskrat Falls: An opportunity for respect and reconciliation" by Dianne and Marty Climenhage, MCC representatives in Labrador. Oct. 26, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "Ingrained in Canadian policy? Women, peace and security" by Rebekah Sears. Oct. 19, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "World Food Day, climate change and supporting small-holder farmers" by Stefan Epp-Koop, MCC Manitoba board chair. Oct. 11, 2016
- Ottawa Office e-newsletter: "1 in 9 persons worldwide do not have enough food and 70 percent of them are food producers" October 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "A giving spirit inspired by our past" Clare Maier looks at how past refugee experiences inspire generosity toward refugees today. Oct. 5, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "Wear an orange shirt on September 30" in commemoration of the experiences of residential school survivors and their families. Sept. 27, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "Colombia's long road to bread and peace" Bekah Sears reflects on International Day of Peace and how -- despite the long-awaited peace accords -- Colombia's road to peace is only beginning. Sept. 21, 2016