The Ottawa Office is MCC’s voice to the Canadian government, advocating for policies that support our work of relief, development and peacebuilding.
We also inform Canadians about political issues and how they can get involved.
Some of our work includes:
- Writing letters to government on issues such as foreign aid, mining, human rights and peacebuilding;
- Presenting oral and written testimony to parliamentary committees;
- Hosting an annual seminar for Canadian university students on topics such as Indigenous rights, social justice or faith and public policy;
- Producing resources such as the annual Peace Sunday Packet, our Remembrance Day Resource for Teachers, and a World Refugee Day worship resource
- Ottawa Office blog: "What are Israeli settlements?" seeks to answer some basic questions about Israeli settlements. Jan. 18, 2017
- Ottawa Office blog: "What makes a good (political) leader?" Jan 11, 2017
- Ottawa Office e-newsletter: "Canada, UNSC 2334 and Israeli settlements" January 2017
- Ottawa Office blog: "A healing place for kids" by Doreen Martens describes an MCC supported program providing healing to traumatized Syrian refugee children in Lebanon. Jan 4, 2017
- Ottawa Office blog: "Be encouraged" by Clare Maier Dec. 28, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "Light, peace and hope shining in the darkness" by Rebekah Sears links hopes for political peace in Colombia with the coming light, peace and hope at Christmas. Dec. 21, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "Doing my small part for climate justice" by Amy Martens Dec. 14, 2016
- Ottawa Office e-newsletter: "MCC thanks Government of Canada for restoring aid to vulnerable Palestinian refugees" December 2016