The Peace & Justice Office is MCC’s voice to the Canadian government, advocating for policies that support our work of relief, development and peacebuilding.
We also inform Canadians about political issues and how they can get involved.
MCC Peace & Justice Student Seminar for Canadian university/college students.
- Learn from Indigenous and non-Indigenous MCC partners about their work for environmental protection.
- Hear from experts, including MCC partners, in a variety of contexts about how they are working for environmental justice to address the impacts of a changing climate.
- Engage with MCC in faith-based advocacy with students from across Canada.
- Meet MCC staff and engage with parliamentarians and civil society actors.
- Explore how to be involved in reshaping Canadian climate policy and address issues of inequality, oppression, and injustice.
The seminar will be held in Ottawa and spans 2.5 days. The seminar will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, March 9, 2023, and conclude on Saturday, March 11, 2023, at noon. Some travel subsidies are available. Apply soon to secure your spot!
Resources for Engaging in Advocacy
Peace and Justice Notebook: "Moving from Encounter to Relationship" by Randy Klassen, June 21, 2022
Peace and Justice Notebook: "How to come together in Peace" by Ken Grahlman, May 4, 2022
Peace and Justice Notebook: "Speaking up for disarmament in the midst of war" by Kirsten Mosey, April 26, 2022
Peace and Justice Notebook: "Anabaptists care for creation around the world" compiled by Anna Vogt, April 22, 2022
What we work on
- Learn more about our advocacy focus areas
- Writing letters to government on issues such as foreign aid, mining, human rights and peacebuilding;
- Presenting oral and written testimony to parliamentary committees;
- The annual Ottawa Office Student Seminar for Canadian university students on topics such as Indigenous rights, social justice or faith and public policy;
- Producing resources such as the annual Peace Sunday Packet, our Remembrance Day Resource for Teachers, and a World Refugee Day worship resource
Join our campaign on Palestine and Israel - A Cry for Home
Feel free to reach out for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org