The Ottawa Office is MCC’s voice to the Canadian government, advocating for policies that support our work of relief, development and peacebuilding.
We also inform Canadians about political issues and how they can get involved.
Some of our work includes:
- Writing letters to government on issues such as foreign aid, mining, human rights and peacebuilding;
- Presenting oral and written testimony to parliamentary committees;
- Hosting an annual seminar for university students on topics such as Indigenous rights, social justice or faith and public policy;
- Producing resources such as the annual Peace Sunday Packet, our Remembrance Day Resource for Teachers, and a World Refugee Day worship resource
Apply for the position of Advocacy Research Intern for winter 2017
Download our brand new Advocacy Toolkit!
- Ottawa Office blog: "Wear an orange shirt on September 30" in commemoration of the experiences of residential school survivors and their families. Sept. 27, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "Colombia's long road to bread and peace" Bekah Sears reflects on International Day of Peace and how -- despite the long-awaited peace accords -- Colombia's road to peace is only beginning. Sept. 21, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "Pursue Peace: Recommendations for Canada's International Assistance Review" by Jenn Wiebe Sept. 14, 2016
- Ottawa Office newsletter: "Peace at last!" September 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "Advocacy, living water and a prayer for parliamentarians" by Monica Scheifele. Sept. 7, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "Love in the time of sanctions" Jacob Greaser reflects on how NGOs such as MCC can build bridges of peace with "enemy countries" like the DPRK. Aug. 31, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "The awful grace of God: Thoughts on an MCC learning tour to Lebanon" by Jon Nofziger of MCC BC Aug. 25, 2016