This fall, give the gift of a relief bucket.
This year is one we couldn't have imagined. But many of us still have things to be thankful for. Will you join us in showing gratitude this Thanksgiving with a Bucket of Thanks?
But what is a Bucket of Thanks, you ask?
It's a container filled with essential hygiene items. Even in a pandemic, we send these kits all around the world to families in need. We've heard from our local partners that this year their inventory is running low. They still need more than 11,000 relief kits this fiscal year.
How do I get involved?
While we're not packing buckets together in person this year, you can drop off the supplies that go into a relief kit at this location on October 15-17, 2020.
Print out a shopping list or read below for a list of supplies that goes into a relief kit.
What exactly goes into a relief kit?
A relief bucket should include:
- 4 large bars bath soap (leave in wrapper)
- Shampoo (1 or 2 bottles, totaling more than 600 ml; place in a resealable plastic bag)
- 4 large bars laundry soap (such as Sunlight®, Fels Naptha®, or Zote® brands)
- 4 adult-sized toothbrushes (in manufacturer’s packaging)
- 4 new bath towels (medium weight, dark or bright colours; approx. 75 cm x 150 cm)
- 2 wide-toothed combs (15–20 cm)
- 1 nail clipper (good quality)
- 1 box adhesive bandages (minimum 40, assorted)
- Sanitary pads (thin; 1 or 2 packages, minimum 28 pads total)
Items we cannot accept:
- Face towels/cloths
- Hotel/mini bar soap
- Full nail care kits or nail files
- Hair conditioner
- Panty liners
- Personal notes or family photos
- Child size/small toothbrushes
- Men’s pocket combs
- Travel size toothpaste
- Powdered laundry detergent