The safety and well-being of our community is of the utmost importance to us. For this reason, this event will not take place as planned. The meat canning committees are currently investigating ways to contribute to the efforts of MCC during these uncertain times. Thank you for your patience and generosity.
Every year MCC’s Mobile Meat Canner travels across the United States and Canada meeting volunteers who prepare cans of turkey, beef, chicken and pork to be sent around the world. Over 30,000 people a year volunteer to fill, weigh, wash and label every can. The finished cans are shipped to our partners, providing important nutrients when meat is hard to purchase.
For more information regarding Meat Canning in Leamington contact Marlene Schmidtgall 519-326-7709 (home) or 519-329-6462 (mobile).
MCC continues to monitor and assess new developments pertaining to COVID-19. We are encouraging all event attendees to:
- Evaluate their own health (and the health of people they're in close contact with), when deciding to attend an upcoming MCC event.
- Follow the guidance of your local Public Health department for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of viruses, including, but not limited to:
- Wash your hands often with warm water and soap or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Use sanitization materials offered at events
- Greet other event attendees with a fist bump or wave, instead of a handshake