The safety and well-being of our community is of the utmost importance to us and in view of current public health concerns, the Training Active Bystanders workshop has been cancelled. Refunds will be processed for registrations.
During these uncertain times, we value your prayers for our friends and neighbours around the world affected by COVID-19.
Active Bystander Training provides participants the opportunity to see themselves as potential Active Bystanders who can intervene when they are witness to abusive, isolating or stigmatizing behaviour. The training teaches them about pro-social behaviour, making them more aware of why they may be hesitant to intervene and encourages them to consider taking action in the future.
The program focuses on behaviours relating to interpersonal violence (such as abuse, bullying/hazing, physical violence, dating/relationship violence, and sexual violence) and signs of loneliness or emotional distress. From a community perspective, priming (Active) Bystanders to intervene when they see problematic situations can improve feelings of individual ability and effectiveness and encourages caring and support for others. Bystander Intervention Training provides an impetus for personal action and helps potential Active Bystanders to envision how they can be a part of improving our community in an everyday way.
Cost: $10 per participant
MCC continues to monitor and assess new developments pertaining to COVID-19. We are encouraging all event attendees to:
- Evaluate their own health (and the health of people they're in close contact with), when deciding to attend an upcoming MCC event.
- Follow the guidance of your local Public Health department for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of viruses, including, but not limited to:
- Wash your hands often with warm water and soap or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Use sanitization materials offered at events
- Greet other event attendees with a fist bump or wave, instead of a handshake