This conference will tackle difficult and often-avoided questions, providing theological insights, practical guidelines, and personal stories. Participants will come away from the event with a deeper understanding of the central dynamics of professional sexual misconduct within the church, and better equipped to prevent and respond to these painful situations within their own communities.
Pastors, ministry leaders, and members of the Christian community are warmly invited to join us for a time of learning together around a crucial topic.
The conference is organized into a series of keynotes, workshops and panels led by:
- Carol Penner, Assistant Professor of Theological Studies at Conrad Grebel
- Carolyn Klassen, Director and Therapist at Conexus Counselling
- David Martin, Exeuctive Minister Mennonite Church Eastern Canada
- Elsie Goertzen, End Abuse Coordinator for MCC British Columbia
- Jaymie Friesen, Abuse Response and Prevention Coordinator for MCC Manitoba
- Kathy Giesbrecht, Associate Director of Leadership Ministries for Mennonite Church Manitoba
- Gerald Dyck, Interim Director & Director of Church Ministries for Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba
$60 - Early bird rate before April 30
$75 - Regular ticket rate after April 30
$50 - Reduced student rate for students of secondary and post-secondary institutions
Full schedule will be released closer to conference date.