On Saturday, July 20th participate or support a cyclist in the 35km Cycle Clear Lake fundraising event that tackles the trail encircling Clear Lake in Riding Mountain National Park.
Last year at Cycle Clear Lake, 86 riders raised $48,734 for Safe Water in Lebanon!
Proceeds from the event this year will help feed hungry families in Nepal.
*New this year! Every dollar raised for this food project in Nepal may be matched up to four times thanks to a matching program with the Government of Canada.
The major part of the trail is a single track through the boreal forest along the lakeshore, but portions of the trail will be pavement or gravel. Riders will cross between Clear Lake and South Lake. Along the north shore is an easier route for most cyclists, as well as a technical route (with a number of climbs) for experienced cyclists. The trail has many fantastic vistas across the lake, as the route goes up and down the ravines.
The trail requires a reasonable amount of fitness and cycling experience. Average cyclists can expect to take 3-4 hours to do the circuit.
The ride begins Saturday at 8:30am at Camp Kippechewin, where the cyclathon has been held most years. Refreshments will be served along the cyclathon route, and the event will end with a barbecue and prizes, starting at 12:30pm.
How to Participate
- Register here, and then pay the $35 fee online. A sponsor and information sheet will be forwarded as soon as we receive your registration and fee.
- If you would like to complete your registration by mail please print the form and send it with your $35 registration fee by cheque made payable to Cycle Clear Lake and mail to Reinhold Kramer, 43 Noonan Drive, Brandon, MB R7B 0V6.
- Raise pledges in support of the selected project. All riders must raise a minimum of $200 in support. Collect the pledges in advance and submit them on or before the event. Make cheques payable to MCC Manitoba. Pledges can also be made online.
- Meet at Camp Kippechewin between 7:30-8:30am, Saturday, July 20, where there will be time for you to register on-site, deposit your pledges, and obtain an ID.
- Enjoy the ride, rest stops, snacks, and the final barbeque at 12:30pm at Camp Kippechewin (new gluten-free option for BBQ!).
- Use an MCC registry for your fundraising.
Registration Deadline: July 2, 2019
Barbecue: Attendance of additional friends at the BBQ is $7/person.
Camping: A group camp site has been reserved at Camp Kippechewin for the weekend (July 19 to 21). The cost is $6/person per night or $12 per night for 2 people or more.
What to Bring
- Mountain bike or bike with hybrid tires
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Water bottle
- Lawn chair
- Insect repellent
- Sponsor sheets and sponsors' money/cheques