We are excited to bring you a unique opportunity to participate in an MCC learning tour on a motorcycle! In collaboration with Bolivia Motorcycle Tours, you will visit a variety of project sites while enjoying the spectacular and diverse landscape of Bolivia. MCC Bolivia’s program partners are engaged in a variety of themes from education to food security and in a wide range of locations from the flatlands to the Andres Mountains. Join us for this unique experience!
- Where: Bolivia, begin in the eastern lowlands, ride up into the western Highlands
- When: September 11 – 25, 2022
- Who: This tour will be led by MCC Bolivia and Bolivia Motorcycle Tours
- Purpose: The purpose of this learning tour is for strengthening understanding and interest in MCC-supported projects. Through visiting project sites and talking with project participants this tour will raise awareness of a broad scope of issues that MCC is addressing in Bolivia including food security, education, urban gardening and community building. By motorcycling through the Bolivian landscape, tour participants will better grasp the geographical component that defines the lives of marginalized Bolivian communities. We also hope this tour will provide increased engagement with the MCC constituency
- Size: 7 -10 participants
- What type of bikes will we use? Kawasaki KLR650s. They are low-mileage, 1st generation KLRs that have been tactfully modified to meet the demands of both rider and terrain. Chris Strong, owner and ex-MCCer, makes sure they are meticulously maintained.
- Cost: USD $3,806 - see cost variations below –
This price is all-inclusive including the use of a designated motorcycle, all in-country travel expenses, sleeping and meal arrangements.
Note: This does not include visa or other international travel expenses, airfare, required travel insurance, or optional motorcycle insurance.
$3,806—rider, single room when available*
$3,752—rider, shared room
$2,496—passenger in service truck, single room when available
$2,442—passenger in service truck, shared room
*Single room not guaranteed
- How to register: Please write to email@example.com if you are interested or want to know more about the itinerary. Once we have a registration link ready, we will send it out to those who have shown interest.