Join MCC on this eye-opening opportunity to hear from grassroots peacebuilders within the Palestinian and Israeli community, to walk within ancient spaces and to explore our call to be people of peace within a rich history that embraces the words and life of Jesus.
We will experience the tastes, sights and sounds of cultures rich in hospitality and engage with narratives that conflict and convict.
Date: November 1 - 13, 2019
Cost: $2,500 CDN + airfare (approximately $1,100) includes all in-country travel, accomodations and sightseeing fees.
The itinerary includes:
- Meeting with Israelis and Palestinians who represent a diversity of perspectives.
- Learning about the political situation, particularly the reality of occupation and militarism.
- Meeting with leaders of the shrinking Christian church in Palestine and Israel.
- Engaging in Biblical and theological interpretations relating to the land and the role of the church.
- Walking in the footsteps of Jesus and exploring Holy Land sites in Bethlehem Jerusalem, Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee.
We hope you will consider joining us for this transformative experience!
MCC recently began an educational initiative called A Cry for Home. The initiative believes that both Palestinians and Israelis deserve a home that is safe, secure and peaceful. Sadly, current realities fall far short of this vision: Palestinians regularly experience home demolition, land confiscation, and restricted movement due to separation walls and checkpoints; many Israelis live with ongoing fear and trauma as a result of centuries of persecution, and long for safety.