MCC Peace & Justice Student Seminar for Canadian university/college students.*
- Learn about Canada’s public discourse and political landscape relating to climate change.
- Hear from experts in a variety of contexts about how they are building bridges to create a more sustainable future for all.
- Engage with MCC and faith-based advocacy with students from across Canada.
- Meet MCC staff and engage with parliamentarians and civil society actors.
- Explore how participants can be involved in reshaping Canadian climate policy to address the impacts of climate change in their community and around the globe.
The seminar is usually held in Ottawa and spans 2.5 days. This year, due to COVID-19, the seminar is offered in a hybrid format.
A combination of virtual and in-person seminars will be taking place across Canada. You can view the schedules for the different formats here:
In-Person Seminar Schedule
Virtual Seminar Schedule
(all other provinces and regions)
This hybrid format includes virtual sessions for students joining from across Canada and in-person sessions in Winnipeg, Manitoba on February 22-23, 2022. All participants will join a virtual closing session on February 24, 2022.
Lunches and snacks will be provided during the in-person days.
MCC is following provincial and federal public health guidelines and may decide to offer the seminar in a fully virtual format. We continue to evaluate the situation and will keep you updated.
The seminar poster is now available for download here.
*While this seminar is designed for and prioritizes students, recent graduates/young adults are also encouraged to register.
Registration: Register Here
Registration deadline: The registration deadline has been extended to February 14, 2022
Registration cost: $20 (payment due upon application confirmation)
Please note that spots are limited and dependent upon confirmation by local MCC offices.