Sharing in Song, produced by violinist Calvin Dyck in partnership with MCC BC, promises to be an evening of inspiring music, heartwarming stories and a window into the work of MCC in East Africa. The evening will feature Calvin and a number of his friends, including the Pacific Mennonite Children’s Choir, The Alumni Project and the Abbotsford Youth Orchestra. A highlight of the evening will be the Moipei Trio, from Nairobi, Kenya. The trio of singers, who are triplets, have performed on tour in the US, have appeared multiple times on Kenya TV, and are currently completing their university degrees in the US.
Come on May 5th prepared to see, hear and taste a little bit of East Africa as you:
- Enjoy great music from multiple cultures.
- Experience MCC’s work in Kenya and Ethiopia through Calvin’s eyes.
- Sample Ethiopian coffee, Kenyan tea, and snacks from both countries.
- Purchase Fair Trade items handcrafted in East Africa, from Ten Thousand Villages.
- Have the opportunity to donate and support the work of MCC locally and around the world.
- Adults $20
- Seniors & Students $15
- All tickets at the door $25
- Free admission for children 12 and under
Tickets can also be purchased in person at the MCC BC Office, King’s Music and House of James in Abbotsford.