Give hope and comfort. A handmade comforter provides not only warmth but also a tangible message to people in places like Syria that their needs are not forgotten.
63,841 blankets shipped last year to Jordan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea), Ukraine, Iraq, Zambia, Syria, Somalia, Lebanon, Haiti, Burkina Faso, Canada, the U.S.
- Use new or nearly new material
- Single/twin size preferred (approx. 152 cm x 203 cm/60 in x 80 in); double/full size accepted (approx 208 cm x 229 cm/82 x 90 in)
- Winter weight preferred (please use new quilt batting)
- Knotted with crochet cotton (not more than 10–15 cm apart)
For detailed instructions, download MCC's comforter guidelines or watch the three-part video series to learn how to make an MCC comforter.
- Purchased comforters (twin or full size)
- New, flat twin sheets (for hospitals, schools and orphanages)
Bring completed comforters to an MCC drop-off location.