MCC Ontario Congregational Reps are a liaison between MCC and your congregation and motivate and inspire others to participate in MCC's mission.
Be the Face of MCC
Receive and distribute MCC announcements and resources through the best communication channels to fit your congregation. This may include bulletins, email lists, verbal announcements, social media, etc.
Be an MCC Keener by getting involved and guiding our work.
Key opportunities for you to provide leadership include:
- attend Annual General Meeting (September) and/or Peace Conference (second Saturday of November)
- share and comment on MCCO facebook and blog posts
- provide feedback to MCCO to improve our work and communication with churches. A kind note of encouragement to board and staff are always appreciated too!
- shoulder tapping people to attend events, volunteer and support MCC’s programs that match their interests and passions
Be Enriched by MCC
MCC is a ministry of the church, and we believe strong engagement enriches local congregations’ ability to share God’s love in their own communities. Key opportunities you can encourage include:
- prayer and discernment for God’s leading of MCC
- creating opportunities for storytelling of MCC’s work, in the name of Christ
- calling and commissioning service workers and supporting them with prayer, messages and gifts of support
- connecting passionate volunteers to MCC opportunities in local programming, thrift shops, relief sales, material resources, and much more!
Time Commitment: Approximately 2-5 hours per month. Three year terms are preferred.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about MCC as a medium for sharing God’s love and compassion for all
- Self-initiative to be a constant advocate for MCC
- Ability to adapt in bringing MCC’s mission to your unique congregational setting
Support from MCCO:
MCC Ontario has Regional Representatives eager to answer your questions and connect with your congregation. Supporting them are Community Engagement staff.
All MCC volunteers are expected to respect the MCC mission statement: Mennonite Central Committee (MCC), a worldwide ministry of Anabaptist churches, shares God's love and compassion for all in the name of Christ by responding to basic human needs and working for peace and justice. MCC envisions communities worldwide in right relationship with God, one another and creation.