A Donor Services Volunteer is the kind voice individuals will hear from with messages of thankfulness and gratitude as they chose to make a difference to others in critical need through MCC. This message delivery and interchange is an integral part of the donor relations experience, most often accomplished with telephone calls, also accomplished through email*.
Helpful required skills/attitude:
- Cheerful interpersonal style to people of all ages and backgrounds
- Customer service experience and/or telephone conversational experience
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook or IBM Notes*
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required
- Personal Information Protection form to be completed by volunteer
Tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Making telephone calls of appreciation to specified donors, or alternatively,
- Sending notes of appreciation to specified donors by email
- You will be part of a Donor Services Volunteer Group. Preferably you will be able to provide a minimum of two shifts per month (on an ongoing basis, or for a 6 month period). A shift can be between 2 to 3 hours per week.
- Position specific orientation and training will be provided.
- We provide a supportive, friendly work atmosphere and a rewarding volunteer experience!
Join us in our ministry to support MCC’s programs in the name of Christ.
All MCC volunteers are expected to respect the MCC mission statement: Mennonite Central Committee (MCC), a worldwide ministry of Anabaptist churches, shares God's love and compassion for all in the name of Christ by responding to basic human needs and working for peace and justice. MCC envisions communities worldwide in right relationship with God, one another and creation.