In order to host IVEP participants we need businesses, churches and other organizations that can offer volunteer opportunities for international young adults.
Each IVEP participant comes with different interests, experience and education. That means we have IVEPers that can volunteer in a wide variety of fields like architecture, education, ministry, child care, sales and more!
We are looking for partner agencies that can provide IVEP participants with a wide variety of experiences. Partners also need to be open to learning from working with a young adult from another culture.
Providing a volunteer placement for an IVEP participant can be challenging as they adjust to a new culture, language and workplace. Our partners need to check in with IVEP participants regularly and make sure they can provide extra instructions when necessary.
Hosting an IVEP participant is often more work than hiring a regular employee, but we have many partner agencies who say the investment is worth it.
If you want to become a partner agency send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get in touch to talk about the possibilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you decide which IVEP participant is placed with me?
- As a potential partner agency, you provide us with a description of the placement you want to offer.
- Between January and March we send you the file of a candidate who could fill that position. You will have the opportunity to ask more questions from the applicant before making a decision.
- Once you’ve decided you’re interested we contact the IVEP participant to offer them the position. After the placement is confirmed, the IVEP participant goes to a group orientation in mid-August and then comes to you shortly after. IVEP participants return home in mid-July.
How many hours a week do IVEP participants work?
In most cases placements are 40 hours a week for 11 months, but sometimes we can accommodate half-time positions.
How much does hosting an IVEP participant cost?
Partner agencies in Canada pay between $700 - 900 per month:
- $100 for the IVEP participant
- $400 - 600 for the host family, depending on where you’re located
- $200 for MCC administrative fees
Partner agencies in the U.S. pay $592 per month:
- $82 for the IVEP participant
- $350 for the host
- $10 for a phone
- $150 for MCC administrative fees
Does MCC support the IVEP participant while they are placed with me?
During the year IVEP participants attend three, week-long meetings with MCC: orientation, mid-year conference and year-end conference.
In Canada, provincial and national coordinators support IVEP participants by planning regular events and keeping in contact with hosts and partner agencies. In the U.S., IVEP participants are supported by regional and national coordinators.
What do I have to provide the IVEP participants and MCC during the placement?
All partner agencies must:
- Arrange transportation for the IVEP participant to and from work
- Pay the monthly fees above
- Provide a meaningful work experience
- Complete brief monthly reports for MCC
How can I become a partner agency for an IVEP participant?
Send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll get in touch to talk about the possibilities.