Si usted necesita esta información en Español, por favor contacte email@example.com.
Si vous avez besoin de ces informations en français, s'il vous plaît communiquer avec firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is SALT?
Serving and Learning Together (SALT) is a year-long, cross-cultural service experience. Through SALT, Christian young adults from Canada and the U.S. serve internationally in a wide variety of positions in fields such as education, agriculture, healthcare, information technology, peace and more!
During their assignments SALTers are immersed in another culture, living with host families or in communal settings such as dormitories or teacher housing in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
The SALT program seeks to:
- Promote a theology of service that encourages growth as global citizens active in social justice and peacemaking
- Provide opportunities for learning and mutual transformation through the development of intercultural skills
- Foster opportunities for spiritual growth, appreciation of Anabaptist values and involvement in the local and global church
- Explore and develop skills while cultivating an increased sense of vocation by serving alongside a partner organization
In all our service placements MCC is assessing the impacts of COVID-19 and adapting as needed, and this includes SALT. The safety of our staff, partners and local communities is of utmost importance and we are carefully monitoring the situation and adapting as conditions change. In some cases, this means adjusted living accommodations or adapting assignments to be COVID safe. If you are selected for a position, we will work with you and our local partners and communities to foster a safe and healthy assignment.
All SALTers must be:
- Unmarried, with no dependents
- Canadian or U.S. citizens
- Primary residence within Canada or the U.S.
- Between 18 and 30 years old
- Willing to follow MCC's Requirements
- Committed to a personal Christian faith
- Dedicated to non-violent peacemaking
- Actively participating in a church or Christian community
An invitation to a SALT assignment is contingent on the successful completion of a criminal background check.
For costs, dates and other information see our Frequently Asked Questions.