MCC Canada respects your privacy. Our privacy code explains how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. These are some of the most important pieces of that code; you can download the full policy for more detailed information.
MCC collects personal information so that we can:
- Keep you informed about MCC, and get your opinion on our work.
- Provide you with products or services, such as updates about our program and magazine subscriptions.
- Raise funds.
- Meet legal requirements.
MCC follows the regulations in the new Canadian anti-spam legislation (CASL)—we will not send you commercial emails without your consent.
What kind of information does MCC collect?
This includes things such as your email address or phone number, opinions you submitted to an MCC survey, your donation record, credit card or banking information and records of purchases. We will keep this information as up-to-date as possible. Form submissions are protected from spam by reCAPTCHA.
Protection of your information
MCC takes a number of steps to make sure your information is kept safe:
- We will only use your information for the reasons listed above unless you give us your consent to do otherwise.
- If you request to see the personal information we have on file we will provide it to you.
- We use secure physical and electronic methods to store you information, including locked vaults and password protection.
- Once your information is no longer needed we make sure to securely dispose of it.
When does MCC disclose personal information?
Sometimes we need to share your information with organizations or people outside MCC. Some reasons we might do that are:
- If we are asked to by your legal representative.
- When an organization is providing a service on our behalf, this includes things such as sending mail.
- If we’re asked by the police or another public authority and there is imminent danger that could be avoided by disclosing the information.
- It is required by law.
What are your choices?
MCC Canada would like to collect, use and occasionally disclose your personal information. However:
- You can refuse to provide your personal information or withdraw your consent at any time, except when we are legally required to keep your information.
- You can request that we remove your contact information from phone, mail or email lists.
Unless you tell us otherwise, MCC assumes we have your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information following the guidelines in the MCC Privacy Code.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact the MCC Privacy Officer 1-204-261-6381 or email firstname.lastname@example.org