To support our work around the world, MCC raises funds from a wide variety of sources including:
- Donations from generous individuals, companies and churches (thank you!)
- MCC thrift shops
- Special events like relief sales
- Donations of resources such as blankets and items for school, relief and health kits
- Donations of grain and cash to MCC’s account at the Canadian Foodgrains Bank (CFGB)
- Grants from the Canadian government and other sources
We feel blessed to be in the situation we’re in now. We just want to use some of our resources to help bless other people.” — Katerina Bauman, St. Jacobs, Ont.
At MCC we use less than 20 per cent of our total expenses for administration and fundraising overhead. We work hard to maintain a balance between using your donations responsibly and making sure our programs are as effective as possible.
When you make a donation to a specific MCC program or theme, we do our best to use your gift for the cause you donated to. However, occasionally projects do change for a variety of reasons or we may receive more money than needed for a specific project. In those cases we use your donation for projects that are most similar to the cause or project you choose.
To learn more about our fundraising and work you can: