What is Bridge Ministries?
Bridge Ministries is a Faith Community Reintegration Project for Offenders. It supports offenders as they transition from prison to community life, building bridges of hope. It involves a reintegration chaplain, faith communities, volunteers and community agencies.
Core Values and Objectives
- Respects the dignity of individuals, and the rights of all members of society
- Believes in the potential for human growth and development
- Respects the social, cultural and religious differences of individual offenders
- Recognizes that offenders have the potential to live as law-abiding citizens
We help build safe communities by mobilizing faith communities and volunteers to provide friendship to interested ex-prisoners and assist them during their reintegration into the community.
We engage faith communities and volunteers who:
- Commit to journeying with ex-prisoners in their quest to lead new, healthy lifestyles
- Create an environment for positive relationships
- Provide spiritual, practical, social and emotional support
- Provide hope in difficult times
- Pray for ex-prisoners and the success of this ministry