MCC’s New Foundations program is responding to needs, primarily among the single parent newcomer population, and empowering participants to achieve their financial and employment goals.
Through seminar style workshops and experiential learning groups, New Foundations provides participants with the opportunities to better manage their incomes, save to achieve goals, develop new employment skills that can put them on a pathway to employment, and through all of this develop life skills within a Canadian context.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Single parents with dependents are prioritized
- Newcomers who have come to Canada within the last 5 years are prioritized
- Must have conversational English competency and basic reading/writing skills
- Must have a strong sense of personal and financial goals
- Applicants must be unemployed or underemployed
New Foundations operates in partnership with Vancity Credit Union, Killarney Park MB Church (Vancouver), People’s Church (Surrey) and Eagle Ridge Fellowship Church (Coquitlam), and with support of volunteer mentors who walk alongside participants.
To find out how you can get involved, please contact Patti Holm at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778 870 4573.