An MCC advocacy campaign on Palestine and Israel
Everyone needs a home — where families are safe and secure, where their basic needs are met, where they can come and go freely, and where they can imagine a future.
But that is not the reality for Palestinians — or even for some Israelis.
Living under Israeli occupation, Palestinians regularly experience demolition of their homes, confiscation of their land, restrictions to their movement because of checkpoints, walls, and permit systems. They live with severe water shortages. Many of those who resist — even non-violently — face military detention and imprisonment.
Many Israeli Jews live with ongoing fear and trauma as a result of centuries of persecution. They too long for safety and security.
How you can respond to A Cry for Home:
- Home demolitions
- Illegal settlements
- Military detention of children
- Palestinian Christians
- Impacts of military service
- Life in a refugee camp
- When your house is demolished
- When you are locked up
- When your land is illegally settled
- When you are a refugee
- When the law is violated
- Sign up for the A Cry for Home mailing list (in the sidebar) to get regular updates from the campaign
- Request a speaker (check the sidebar for your local contact)
- Plan an event around the Palestine Land Exercise
- Plan a study series for your church or group
-you for hearing and responding to “A Cry for Home.”