Relief, Development and Podcast is a new podcast from MCC. This show is all about staying connected, especially at this unusual time — connecting with each other and connecting with the realities faced by displaced and vulnerable people around the world.
Hosted by Scott Campbell, director of donor relations and communications for MCC Canada, every episode features a conversation with a special guest, stories from the field and updates about people and programs making an impact all around the world. Together we’ll hear stories about relief, development and peace, and how your support for MCC helps to meet basic human needs and work for peace and justice.
- a conversation with Cate Friesen, a professional storyteller, former CBC producer and a sponsor through MCC’s refugee sponsorship program
- a story from Haiti about how MCC’s work preventing cholera in remote communities will make a difference during this pandemic
- the Bright Spot, a story about Wendy Vado’s magic hammock in Nicaragua
- a conversation with Mulanda Jimmy Juma, MCC representative for the Democratic Republic of the Congo. He talks about his experience as a displaced person and how this impacts his work with MCC today. He also shares how our partners are responding to COVID-19 in camps for displaced people.
- Olympian Cindy Klassen, who joins host Scott Campbell to talk about her Olympic career, her life today and how she views achievement and success.
- A story from MCC worker Alex Azar in Jordan who shares how his children filled the streets of Amman with song during quarantine.