Updated: June 16, 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and safety of volunteers, supporters, donors, thrift shoppers and staff are our primary concern. For that reason, we will continue to monitor the situation here in Saskatchewan. During this time, we are grateful for and available to accept donations. As a result of these extraordinary times, we have made the difficult decision to reduce some of our operations, including:
Material Resources Centre
Effective immediately, the Material Resources Centre in Saskatoon (600 45th Street West, Saskatoon) will be closed to volunteers until further notice.
We will now be able to receive comforters and kit supplies by appointment on weekday mornings, 9:00am - 12:00pm at the MCC Saskatchewan office, 600 45th Street West, Saskatoon. Please call 306.665.2555 to make an appointment.
MCC Thrift shops
As of June 16, 2020 all of our shops have reopened. To ensure the protection of our staff, volunteers and customers, shops have implemented a number of safety measures. These safety measures have been put in place in accordance with government recommendations and requirements. Please note business hours below:
Herbert MCC Thrift Shop
- Open Tuesday - Friday 10am to 5pm and Saturday 10am - 3pm
- Accepting donations Tuesday 10am to 5pm and Friday evening after 5pm
Village Green Furniture Shop (Saskatoon)
- Open Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm and Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Accepting donations Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm and Saturday 10am to 5pm
Swift Current Furniture
- Open Tuesday to Saturday 11am - 4 pm
- Accepting donations Tuesday and Saturday 10am - 3 pm
Lanigan Community Gift and Thrift
- Open Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 10am - 5pm
- Accepting donations Monday 10am - 1pm and Thursday 1pm - 4pm
Village Green MCC Thrift Shop (Saskatoon)
- Open Monday to Saturday 11am - 4pm
- Accepting donations Tuesday 10am - 4pm and Friday 10am - 4pm
Rosthern Clothes Basket
- Open Monday to Friday 12pm - 5pm
- Accepting donations Tuesday and Friday 10am - 4:30pm
Swift Current MCC Gift & Thrift
- Open Tuesday to Friday 10am - 4pm
- Accepting donations Tuesday 9am - 12pm and Friday 1pm - 4pm
Warman Thrift Shop
- Open Monday to Friday 11am - 4pm
- Accepting donations Tuesday and Friday 9am - 4pm
MCC Saskatchewan Local Program
Effective immediately the following changes have been made to Saskatchewan's local program:
- Meadowgreen Programming has been paused until the fall. There will be no summer programming or Raise the Peace camp this year.
- MCC Canada has cancelled the International Volunteer Exchange Program (IVEP) for the 2020-21 year due to uncertainties around visas and travel plans, as well as reduced financial resources to support the program. There will therefore be no IVEP placements in Saskatchewan this year.
- Communications with Migration & Resettlement staff will no longer happen onsite, but via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch for Local Program content and activities going online! Upcoming online features include: new resources and episodes from our Reconcile: Everyday Conversations podcast, a self-guided Doctrine of Discovery learning tour, and church-based adult education on refugee realities and sponsorship, including hearing newcomers tell their stories.
MCC Saskatchewan Office
At this time, the MCC Saskatchewan office, located at 600 45th Street West, is officially closed to the public. Delivery personnel such as mail couriers will be accommodated as appropriate.
We have granted staff the opportunity to work remotely wherever possible. We acknowledge that working remotely is not possible for all roles within our organization and are implementing as much social distancing as possible to protect the health of our staff and supporters.
If you need to talk with someone from MCC about an urgent matter, please contact reception at 306.665.2555 and they will direct your call. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com and someone will respond as they are able.
Donations are gratefully accepted over the phone at 306.665.2555, toll-free at 1.888.622.6337, via mail at 600 45th Street West, Saskatoon, SK S7L 5W9, or online at donate.mcccanada.ca.
With your support, MCC and MCC Thrift are making a difference in our local communities and caring for the environment, while supporting vulnerable people worldwide through MCC's work in relief, development and peacebuilding.
We will continue to carefully monitor and assess new developments and follow guidance from the World Health Organization and local health authorities. Any updates will be posted here and on social media.
Thank you for your ongoing support. During these uncertain times, we value prayers for our friends and neighbours, around the world and locally affected by COVID-19.
MCC Saskatchewan has joined over 160 Canadian charities to call on the Federal Government for emergency support to face the COVID-19 crisis. You can read the letter here.