This resource packet for public school teachers offers suggestions for observing Remembrance Day in ways that nurture a culture of peace. On the centenary of the First World War, the packet demonstrates that Another way IS possible.
The packet includes:
- suggestions for a Remembrance Day Assembly;
- basic information about the First World War;
- information about alternatives to war;
- stories of peace and nonviolence;
- activities for the classroom.
Download the packet.
Learn how the packet connects to the Ontario Elementary Curriculum.
Order peace buttons for your class.
For more information, or to let us know what you think of the packet, contact email@example.com.
Crossing to the other side: Living as people of peace in a time of fear and terror. (Note: This resource was created especially for Anabaptist churches. However, many of the ten stories included will appeal to students and others beyond the church.)