The new 40th anniversary edition, More-with-Less: Timeless recipes and inspiration for simple, joyful eating is available for sharing and for use this holiday season. Released recently by MCC and publisher Herald Press, the book benefits MCC’s relief, development and peacebuilding work around the world.
Enjoy some cheese straws from More-with-Less this December and new year!
1 cup sharp cheese, shredded
1 ¼ cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
dash of pepper
1/3 cup butter, cubed
3 tablespoons milk
sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine cheese, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Cut in butter and then sprinkle with milk.
- Form into ball. Roll out 1/8 inch thick. If desired sprinkle liberally with sesame seeds then run rolling pin over again.
- Prink dough all over with fork. Cut into 1 X 2-inch sticks, or into 2-inch squares and then into triangles. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 375F oven for 10 minutes, or until golden.