Grow Hope aims to bring emergency and long-term food security to the most vulnerable people.
How it works:
Today, over 821 million people are suffering from severe food insecurity due to conflict, inequality, geography, poverty, and climate change.
In October 2020, the World Bank estimated that between 88 and 115 million MORE vulnerable people would be pushed into extreme poverty due to COVID-19.
But YOU can help!
You, can transform the lives of farmers like Mary Josiah:
Ways to get involved:
Sponsor a quarter, a half, one, or multiple acres of Alberta farmland.
Tangibly sow seeds of hope that will be multiplied up to 4 times at the end of the harvesting season. One acre costs $300 to farm.
No matter the size of your gift, your support will GROW to give security and hope to women, children, and men suffering from severe hunger.
Yes, I want to Grow Hope!
Spread seeds of HOPE. Tell you your friends, family, and community about Grow Hope!
Follow Grow Hope on Instagram and share about the progress of Grow hope in Alberta and across Canada, learn about fun activities you can join, and ways Grow Hope is making a difference around the world!
- Monthly email updates on the progress of your crop (4-6 emails)
- Exclusive field visit mid-season or for harvesting*
*Field visits for the 2021 season is subject to the physical distancing restrictions being lifted.
MCC Alberta partners with a group of Alberta farmers near the Coaldale and Sherwood Park areas to grow 200+ acres each year for Grow Hope.
Try this recipe from our very own Grow Hope farmers!
About Canadian Foodgrains Bank
Canadian Foodgrains Bank is a partnership of 15 Canadian churches and church-based agencies working together to end global hunger by:
- Supporting international programs to meet immediate food needs, reduce malnutrition, and achieve sustainable food security;
- Influencing improvements in national and international policies that contribute to ending global hunger; and
- Increasing and deepening the engagement of Canadians in efforts to end global hunger.