MCC is holding a contest to find a new peace poster! Use your artistic skills and show us what it takes to make peace in the world today. The winner will get a $250 prize!
We want an inspirational piece of art or design that calls people to work for peace, to be used everwhere from dorm rooms to offices, in churches and online. We’ll narrow down the submissions to five finalists, then open the contest for online voting to choose a winner.
The theme for the contest, and so the inspiration for your posters, is a quote from Muriel Lester (1885 to 1968), a British pacifist, social worker and vocal critic of the First World War:
“The job of the peacemaker is… to stop war, to purify the world, to get it saved from poverty and riches… to heal the sick, to comfort the sad, to wake up those who have not yet found God, to create joy and beauty wherever you go, to find God in everything and everyone”
Making peace might mean contacting government, stopping a fight, creating art or protecting the environment. You can use the quote on your poster, or simply use it as an inspiration for an image or design that shows us what the job of a peacemaker looks like to you.
- The designer of the winning poster will receive a $250 prize.
- All submissions become the property of Mennonite Central Committee Canada and may be used in other promotions or campaigns if not selected as the winning poster.
- Initial low resolution submissions should be sent to Emily Loewen (firstname.lastname@example.org) in jpeg format, not to exceed 60k. Please write in the subject line: Poster contest
- Posters may be full colour, but it is not required.
- Submissions should include only original or copyright-free artwork, graphic design or photos.
- The completed poster will be 16” X 20”.
- Artist’s name will be included in a credit line on the poster.
- Submissions must be received by October 27, 2014 to be considered. Posters will be narrowed down by an MCC selection committee. Five selected finalists will be put online for public voting to choose a winner.
- Current MCC staff members are not eligible.