The Ottawa Office is MCC’s voice to the Canadian government, advocating for policies that support our work of relief, development and peacebuilding.
We also inform Canadians about political issues and how they can get involved.
Some of our work includes:
- Writing letters to government on issues such as foreign aid, mining, human rights and peacebuilding
- Presenting oral and written testimony to parliamentary committees
- Hosting an annual seminar for university students on topics such as Indigenous rights, social justice or faith and public policy
- Producing resources such as the annual Peace Sunday Packet
- Ottawa Office blog: Esther Epp-Tiessen shares a prayer for Palestine and Israel. July 16, 2014
- Ottawa Office blog: Tim Schmucker reflects on Jeremiah 29:7 and how it inspired a lifetime of advocacy and political engagement. July 9, 2014
- Ottawa Office blog: Steve Plenert reflected on how Canada makes him both proud and exasperated July 2, 2014