The Ottawa Office is MCC’s voice to the Canadian government, advocating for policies that support our work of relief, development and peacebuilding.
We also inform Canadians about political issues and how they can get involved.
Some of our work includes:
- Writing letters to government on issues such as foreign aid, mining, human rights and peacebuilding
- Presenting oral and written testimony to parliamentary committees
- Hosting an annual seminar for university students on topics such as Indigenous rights, social justice or faith and public policy
- Producing resources such as the annual Peace Sunday Packet.
- Ottawa Office blog: "Migration, food, and friendship" explores the connection of food and advocacy. Feb. 25, 2015
- Ottawa Office blog: "Advocacy and Ash Wednesday" a lectionary reflection for the beginning of Lent Feb. 18, 2015
- Ottawa Office blog: "Defining liveable - a glimpse at Gaza", MCCer Anna Johnson shares her experience visiting Gaza Feb. 11, 2015
- Ottawa Office newsletter "People on the move: tracking migration" February 2015
- Ottawa Office blog: The Mennonites that say "Meh" Cory Funk shares thoughts about the culture of Meh, Monty Python, and Anabaptist icon Dirk Willems. Feb. 4, 2015
- Research project reveals tensions about MCC's advocacy work July 30, 2014