The Ottawa Office is MCC’s voice to the Canadian government, advocating for policies that support our work of relief, development and peacebuilding.
We also inform Canadians about political issues and how they can get involved.
Some of our work includes:
- Writing letters to government on issues such as foreign aid, mining, human rights and peacebuilding
- Presenting oral and written testimony to parliamentary committees
- Hosting an annual seminar for university students on topics such as Indigenous rights, social justice or faith and public policy
- Producing resources such as the annual Peace Sunday Packet
- Ottawa Office blog: Lessons from Sandra Sept. 9, 2014
- Ottawa Office e-newsletter: Research project reveals attitudes about advocacy September 2014
- Ottawa Office blog: A Prayer for Peace in the Middle East Sept. 3, 2014
- Ottawa Office blog: Outgoing Ottawa Office Director Paul Heidebrecht shares some final thoughts on advocacy Aug. 27, 2014
- Ottawa Office blog: Esther Epp-Tiessen reflects on Psalm 124 and the phrase "God is on our side". Aug. 20, 2014
- Research project reveals tensions about MCC's advocacy work July 30, 2014