The Ottawa Office is MCC’s voice to the Canadian government, advocating for policies that support our work of relief, development and peacebuilding.
We also inform Canadians about political issues and how they can get involved.
Some of our work includes:
- Writing letters to government on issues such as foreign aid, mining, human rights and peacebuilding
- Presenting oral and written testimony to parliamentary committees
- Hosting an annual seminar for university students on topics such as Indigenous rights, social justice or faith and public policy
- Producing resources such as the annual Peace Sunday Packet
- Research project reveals tensions about MCC's advocacy work July 30, 2014
- Ottawa Office blog: Allan Reesor-McDowell reminds us to offer the gift of advocacy in the effort to reduce hunger, poverty, and injustice. July 30, 2014
- Ottawa Office blog: A guest post from Deanna Zantingh who shares her experience at Elements of Justice - an event sponsored by KAIROS: Canadian Ecumenical Justice Initiatives. July 23, 2014
- Ottawa Office blog: Esther Epp-Tiessen shares a prayer for Palestine and Israel. July 16, 2014