The Ottawa Office is MCC’s voice to the Canadian government, advocating for policies that support our work of relief, development and peacebuilding.
We also inform Canadians about political issues and how they can get involved.
Some of our work includes:
- Writing letters to government on issues such as foreign aid, mining, human rights and peacebuilding;
- Presenting oral and written testimony to parliamentary committees;
- Hosting an annual seminar for university students on topics such as Indigenous rights, social justice or faith and public policy;
- Producing resources such as the annual Peace Sunday Packet, our Remembrance Day Resource for Teachers, and a World Refugee Day worship resource
Download our brand new Advocacy Toolkit!
- Ottawa Office blog: "The awful grace of God: Thoughts on an MCC learning tour to Lebanon" by Jon Nofziger of MCC BC Aug. 25, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "A prayer for peace in August" by Joanna Hiebert Bergen of MCC Manitoba Aug. 17, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "Support a future for Gaza!" invites readers to sign a petition calling for an end to the Israeli blockade on Gaza. Aug. 10, 2016
- Ottawa Office e-Newsletter: MCC says peacebuiling should be at centre of Canada's international assistance Summer 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "Disarming Conflict: A book review" by Jennifer Wiebe July 27, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "When he woke up, the monster was still there" examines the conflict of banana and palm oil companies in a Guatemalan community July 19, 2016
- Ottawa Office blog: "Haiti is passionate" by Rebekah Sears looks at the migration crisis facing Haiti and the Dominican Republic July 13, 2016