The Ottawa Office is MCC’s voice to the Canadian government, advocating for policies that support our work of relief, development and peacebuilding.
We also inform Canadians about political issues and how they can get involved.
Some of our work includes:
- Writing letters to government on issues such as foreign aid, mining, human rights and peacebuilding
- Presenting oral and written testimony to parliamentary committees
- Hosting an annual seminar for university students on topics such as Indigenous rights, social justice or faith and public policy
- Producing resources such as the annual Peace Sunday Packet.
- Organizing annual events like the student seminar
- Ottawa Office blog: "Some thoughts about four walls" by Adrienne Wiebe of MCC Alberta Jan. 19, 2015
- Ottawa Office blog: "Speech. Voice. Word." a poem by Mary Lou Klassen of MCC Nigeria in response to recent violence Jan. 14, 2015
- Ottawa Office newsletter "Haiti - 5 years later" January 2015
- Ottawa Office blog: "Bridge-Building in Haiti: Creating Spaces for Dialogue" MCC staff in Haiti reflect on the 5th anniversary of the earthquake in Haiti. Jan. 7, 2015
- Ottawa Office blog: "Feeding hope" an Advent reflection by Jennifer Wiebe Dec. 17, 2014
- Research project reveals tensions about MCC's advocacy work July 30, 2014